There is a Metro Council Meeting tonight at 6:30 pm. An agenda has been provided and you can watch the meeting live via channel 3 or stream live on your electronic devices. Also, please do not respond to this email... You can reach me at [email protected].
Embracing the Spirit of the Season and Looking Towards a Bright New Year
As we approach the festive holiday season, I wanted to take a moment to extend my warmest wishes to each and every one of you. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
This year has been filled with challenges, triumphs, and countless opportunities for growth. Throughout it all, our community has shown resilience, unity, and a steadfast commitment to supporting one another. As your city councilman, I am continually inspired by the strength of our community and the passion that drives us to create a better future for all.
This holiday season is a time for reflection, gratitude, and, most importantly, a time for coming together. Our city is not just a collection of streets and buildings; it's a vibrant tapestry of diverse individuals, each contributing to the unique fabric of our community. It is this diversity that makes us strong, and I am proud to represent such a wonderful and dynamic group of people.
Looking back on the year, I am grateful for the opportunities we've had to make a positive impact throughout the city. Whether it's supporting local businesses, advocating for much needed infrastructure investments, or working towards a more sustainable future, our shared commitment to community development and growth is evident.
In the spirit of the season, let us cherish the moments spent with loved ones, express gratitude for the blessings we have, and carry the warmth of community into the New Year. May the coming weeks be filled with joy, prosperity, and the realization of our shared goals.
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and a Prosperous New Year to each and every one of you!
Updated Council Calendar
The Metro Council voted to have only one council meeting in the month of January. That meeting will be on January 16. Following this evenings meeting, I will close the office and will not return until after the Holidays!
What I've Been Up To:
- Preparing for Baby P's first Christmas!! No, we did not go all out, however, we are excited to share a special moment with him.
- Hopefully family will want to spend time with Baby P while mom and I sleep!!
- I'm also pretty stoked about Baby P's best friend, Baby J!!! WE CAN'T WAIT TO MEET YOU!
- Clarksville Hwy/DB Todd will have a few more weeks of work until the crews are completely finished and out of the way.
- Community meetings galore... Last week I closed out a gauntlet of community meetings. From Baseball, to developments, to roadway and bike lanes.
- Be on the lookout for new scheduled meetings at the top of the year.
- I'm looking to host a few dinner nights at local restaurants in the District. Please email a few of your favorite spots in the District and we'll send a note out and have everyone join us for dinner.
- Met with the mayor
- We discussed:
- Working with him to invest directly into Jefferson street
- Finding a financial stream of funding to support non-profit child care operations that have a sliding pay scale based on your income level
- Completing the funding to construct a brand-new Hadley Park Library
- Creating opportunities for a Grocer store in North Nashville
- Investing in the District's Parks - Yes, even Centennial Park!
- Working with Fisk, Meharry, and Tennessee State to find funding and housing for their students
- We discussed:
- Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!
What's Happening tonight:
Just as last meeting, this agenda is fairly short. We have several consent agenda items that are simple "keep the business of the city going" items. There isn't a lot to report in terms of legislation.
Dates To Remember:
- Check back for meeting dates and event reminders
I invite all District 21 residents to reach out to me directly with any information or concerns in our community. Email is the best form of communication, but invite you to call me as well. My contact information is below.
Contact information: Email - [email protected] / Phone: 615.946.9700