There is a Metro Council Meeting tonight at 6:00 pm. We are back in the Council Chambers - Please join us if you'd like... An agenda has been provided, and you can watch the meeting live via channel 3 or stream live on your electronic devices. Also, please do not respond to this email... You can reach me at [email protected].
North Nashville Tree Recovery
Through the citywide Root Nashville tree-planting campaign, Metro Water Services is coordinating the planting of street trees in the right-of-way in targeted neighborhoods of North Nashville. Street trees reduce storm water runoff and flooding, provide shade and cleaner air, and of course, add neighborhood character and beauty.
The next zone to benefit from this planting campaign is the Osage/North Fisk neighborhoods (west of Dr. D.B. Todd Blvd around Fisk Park and Robert Churchwell Museum Magnet Elementary School). Linked below are a couple documents and a short recorded meeting that highlight the tree planting locations, proposed size, and planting time.
If you have any questions or concerns, you can reach out to Root Nashville at [email protected] or 615-862-4733.
- Fall Tree Planting Blog Post - https://rootnashville.org/fall2021streettrees/
- Recorded Information Session
WeGo Transit Center in North Nashville
Over the past year and a half, I have worked with the Mayor's office and WeGo (MTA) regarding a Transit Center at the intersection of 26th Ave N and Clarksville Hwy. We've submitted applications to the federal government for funding and we approved capital spending dollars from Metro last budget season. Below is a link to a survey - We are requesting your feedback, as a neighbor, to help us understand your thoughts and provide an opportunity for engagement throughout this process.
Dates to remember:
- North Nashville Community Public Safety Meeting
- Thursday, June 29 - 6:00 pm
- William D. Bodenhamer Building (North Police Precinct)
- 2231 26th Ave N
- Community meeting to discuss a proposed rezone to amend the Sky Nashville SP
- Monday, August 2 - 6:00 pm
- West Nashville Police Precinct
- Community meeting to discuss a proposed rezone and Community Plan Amendment - 41st Ave N and Indiana
- Monday, August 2 - 7:30 pm
- Location: TBA
- Community meeting to discuss a proposed rezone to change the property located at 2100 Buchanan St. from CS to MUL-A
- Thursday, August 5 - 6:00 pm
- 2100 Buchanan St.
- WeGo North Nashville Transit - I am working with Representative Love, CM Toombs, WeGo, and the developer to host a meeting to discuss the proposed development at Clarksville Hwy and 26th Ave N. - Once scheduled, I will let you know immediately date and time and location.
- In August - I had to push it back a month - I will be unveiling a new program to promote healthy activity and movement - "Meet Me Outside" I will be coming to your neighborhood for a stroll with you soon. Stay Tuned!
I invite all District 21 residents to reach out to me directly with any information or concerns in our community. Email is the best form of communication, but invite you to call me as well. My contact information is below.
Contact information: Email - [email protected] / Phone: 615.946.9700