There is a Metro Council Meeting tonight at 6:00 pm. We are back in-person this evening at the Music City Center - Please join us if you'd like... An agenda has been provided, and you can watch the meeting live via channel 3 or stream live on your electronic devices. Also, please do not respond to this email... You can reach me at [email protected].
It's like it never happened... On Thursday, Metro Department of Public Health announced that Nashville/Davidson County will remove the mask mandate. As of Friday, May 14th, all of Davidson County's Covid-19 restrictions have been lifted. Many retail and other locations are still requiring masks in their establishments. I would ask you to please respect these establishments, as they are following the guidance of their leadership. On Saturday, I was out with my family and noticed, on several occasions, staff members being harassed by individuals that were citing the city's lift on mask restrictions. Remember, these employees are just implementing their company policies.
What I've Been Up To:
- Working to finalize legislation to reduce the criminal justice fines and fees. It will be ready for next meeting.
- Traffic Calming Program - I have received several correspondence regarding speeding. I am working with Public Works to take a deep dive into the traffic patterns in the district to find new alternatives that will adjust the speeding and change traffic habits.
- Lighting - We are working to find dark areas, areas with lights that are out and areas that don't have enough light. The study may take a while to complete, please be patient.
- There is a new Police Commander in North Precinct, Cmdr. Anthony McClain. I will be hosting an outdoor "Meet My Commander" meeting in the coming months. Stay tuned.
- License Plate Readers (LPRs) Survey: I sent you a quick, 4-question survey regarding your thoughts on LPRs last week. Thank you for responding, if you haven't had the chance to complete the survey please do so now.
What's Happening Tonight
Tonight's meeting should be a relatively short meeting, the agenda is only 28 pages. However, there are a few items I'd like to share with you today...
RS2021-932 - This resolution is to certify the Certified Tax Rate (CTR) for Davidson County. Following the reappraisal, the CTR will be lowered.
BL2021-620 - This is an ordinance that will allow for an overlay tool be created for Detached Accessory Dwelling Units (DADU). One misconception that I have heard of this bill is that every residential district will have an overlay for DADUs, this is incorrect. This ordinance will only apply this as a tool for a community to apply to allow DADUs. The process will require property owners that want to add this overlay to go through the exact rezoning process each parcel or overlay rezone must go through. This will not be appropriate for all neighborhoods, but is extremely appropriate for others. - I am a Co-Sponsor for this bill.
Dates to remember:
Thursday, May 20 - Community Meeting discussing two rezoning applications near Clifton Ave and 25th, 26th, and 27th Aves N - 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM
- Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84091369094?pwd=SDJndUNtUnJGSFJOTktrbklCZ0QwZz09
- Call In Number: +1 312 626 6799
- Meeting ID: 840 9136 9094
- Passcode: 705081
I invite all District 21 residents to reach out to me directly with any information or concerns in our community. Email is the best form of communication, but invite you to call me as well. My contact information is below.
Contact information: Email - [email protected] / Phone: 615.946.9700