There is a Metro Council Meeting tonight at 6:30 pm. An agenda has been provided and you can watch the meeting live via channel 3 or stream live on your electronic devices. Also, please do not respond to this email... You can reach me at [email protected].
Titans went to London
This isn't necessarily city business, but it is something to talk about. Our Titans hopped over the pond and came home 2-4. With a 24 - 16 loss to the the Ravens has Titan fans scratching their heads. At least we have a BYE week which will give them time to rest and reset. Let's hope that our results are different on October 29.
This Sunday, Open Streets Nashville will be hosting thier annual event. Open Streets is a program by Walk Bike Nashville and the Nashville Department of Transportation that temporarily closes the streets to cars to encourage people to reconnect to their communities, get active, support local businesses, and play in the street. Open Streets is designed to stir the imagination to rethink public spaces - understanding that our streets can have a multitude of uses.
What I've Been Up To:
- I held a community meeting regarding the upgrades along 31st Ave N. Follow this link to find more information following our meeting
- I'm still Dadding!!
- I'm working with NDOT regarding several traffic calming requests that have come my way. If you see traffic calming needs in your area, contact me and also, complete the Traffic Calming application. Click here for the website to the application.
- I'm working with Planning and NDOT on a North Nashville infrastructure and land use study. We are working to see where we can add value in the area for our traffic mobility, pedestrian mobility, overall infrastructure health and needs evaluation, and how this all ties into future development. The most important piece is how this will tie into the community that we have now and growing this community for all neighbors.
- I've Scheduled a community meeting for neighbors along Dr. DB Todd Jr. Blvd. and Clarksville Hwy to discuss the paving and infrastructure upgrades. That meeting will be held on Thursday at 6pm at the North Nashville Police Precinct.
- Jefferson St. - I've been in conversation with NDOT and Metro Planning regarding our vision for Jefferson St. This is a topic that is near and dear to many of you and I will be planning a meeting later this year to have an open conversation regarding how the community would like to see Jefferson St. Reconstructed.
- Alley clean ups - I'm in communication with NDOT regarding alley clean ups. Not just bulk item and litter, we are planning to have a few day to visit alleys to cut back brush, pick up bulk items, and simply refresh the alleys. We are currently looking for alleys to add to the list, so if you know of an alley that desperately needs cleaning and trimming, send them my way... Call or email.
- In this effort, we are also looking for neighbors to help... Bring your chainsaws, trimmers, brush cutters, you name it to come help clean up. Once the dates and areas have been confirmed, I'll let you know
Upcoming Community Events
What's Happening tonight:
RS2023-45 - A resolution approving a Pathways to Removing Obstacles to Housing (Pro Housing) grant application from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development to the Metropolitan Government, acting by and through the Metropolitan Planning Commission, to eliminate barriers to housing security, particularly for low to moderate income families.
RS2023-57 - A resolution honoring the life of former Chancellor and Tennessee Court of Appeals Judge Richard H. Dinkins.
RS2023-59 -A resolution recognizing the 50th anniversary of the Fisk University radio station WFSK.
BL2023 - 74 - This bill is in reference to traffic upgrades along Jefferson St. at 21st Ave N and 28th Ave N. This includes a plan for a round-a-bout at 28th and Jefferson. I will defer this bill and bring back after further community engagement.
BL2023 - 70 - An ordinance to amend Section 13.08.040 of the Metropolitan Code of Laws related to the offering of merchandise for sale on or near public property.
Dates To Remember:
- Clarksville Hwy Paving Project Community Meeting
- G-Spot Conversation
- Traffic Calming Conversation
- October 19
- 6:00 PM
- North Police Precinct
- 42nd Ave N (near Clifton and 40th) Proposed Developments Community Meeting
- October 31
- 6:00 PM
- Dream Streets West | 520 39th Ave N
- Traffic Roundabout at Jefferson and 28th Ave N Community Meeting (Tentative)
- November 9
- 6:00 PM
- Location TBD
- MLB Baseball Stadium Discussion
- December 12 (Tentative)
- 6:00 PM
- Location TBD
I invite all District 21 residents to reach out to me directly with any information or concerns in our community. Email is the best form of communication, but invite you to call me as well. My contact information is below.
Contact information: Email - [email protected] / Phone: 615.946.9700